Friday, August 09, 2002

I have been stressed recently. Money sucks...or rather, not having any sucks...especially when you had it and then it all went away. And it is my own damn fault. I thought I could play with the big kids on The Street, and, instead, they beat me up and took away my lunch money. So, now, being uncomfortably past the half century mark, I find that I have to go out and *shudder* work again. Not that losing a lot of money wasn't hard work: it was. It consumed my days and nights for the better part of 2 1/2 years. Of course, my real bitch is that, once again, I tried to do something without enough capital. (I've done that before...) If I had started out with about 25% more capital, I'd have survived the learning curve and would still be in the game. But I didn't, and it is not very productive to play the "what if" game...so I won't anymore.

Starting Monday, I put on a suit and go job hunting for at least a couple hours a day. It sucks, but that is what one has to do...

No comments: