Thursday, September 19, 2002

Last weekend, from 8:30am Friday morning until 6:00pm Tuesday evening, my wife and I were custodians of our granddaughter. If you haven't noticed by now, as of this coming Saturday I'll have been a grandfather for 8 months. Anyhow, while we loved having our Dulce here with us, we found out why God gives babies to the young--by Tuesday night, we were exhausted!
 
We took her to the Woodbridge Mall on Saturday where we bought me some much needed clothes and her a new car seat. However, the real fun of the trip was watching her reaction to this new experience in her life. She has been to the Bridgewater Commons mall, but that place is not nearly so big and glitzy as Woodbridge: All those shiny things! All those bright lights! All those people!! It was very cool! I loved the way she absorbed all those sights and sounds like a little sponge.
 
Being a grandfather does have its perks, it appears. As long as they are here, I'll take the downside (I ain't getting younger) with at least a little grace...

No comments: