Thursday, March 03, 2011

2 am and I can’t sleep….

So, here I am at 2am with eyes wide open. I have to get up in about 5 hours, and the harder I try to fall asleep, the more it eludes me. Last night was inventory at the store, so I didn’t get to bed until 4am-ish yesterday morning. my circadian rhythms are all screwed up. I have jet lag without having gone anywhere. That and the fact that my granddaughter’s weird mother (they’re divorced so all she is to me now is my granddaughter’s mother) wants to take her out of the Montessori school she is currently going to, courtesy of my wife who is a teacher there, and put her into public school. This is not a good thing. The woman is certifiable. If I were even moderately rich, I would spend huge sums of money on lawyers to bury her in the system. By the time she got her head above water again, the granddaughter would be in college and living her own life.

Alright, maybe the 3 ibuprofen tabs I just took will kick in and I can get a couple hours sleep before facing another day in retail. Some aspects of my life really do suck…

No comments: