Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The sun room project

So, it is official: it is one year since we closed on our refi and immediately cut a check to the people who had sold us the sun room. It was not a small check. We had used the refi to clean up about 90% of our credit card debt and to pay for this addition to the house. The room was to be built where our patio was. I had plans to re-use the stone to make a new patio between then sun room and the pool. IMG_3477 This is one view of the patio, and thisIMG_3478 is another.

I figured that, after giving the builders almost 50%, I would have a sun room up in three to four weeks. We would have the room built by June and the patio re-laid by 4th of July. Silly me!! May went, and there was no room…hell, there was no communication. Ditto June, July and August. Needless to say, I was getting a little perturbed.

By September, my calls to Tristate Building Specialties of Lakewood, NJ were getting strident. I was at the point of demanding our money back, when word trickled down that they would be arriving soon to prep the site (that meant getting rid of the patio and sinking the foundation piers.) Actually, the above pictures were taken in September just before work was due to begin.

The next post in this series will show the first flurry of work.

No comments: