Saturday, May 15, 2010

Arrrgggghhhh

I swear that I am going to go postal one of these days. For the past week, it seems that almost every one on the road has forgotten all they once knew (which of itself was precious little) about the art of driving an automobile. Consequently, all of these people drive very, very badly, and that, in turn, causes me (who is stuck behind them) to begin to curse uncontrollably. This is not good. I refer you to John Brunner’s book Stand on Zanzibar and the term “berserker”.

Actually, to digress, the above book is really, really good, and it gets more relevant by the day. It was originally published in 1968, and it was disturbing then. Now, with the world’s population doubled from that time, we are getting closer and closer to the kind of future Brunner envisioned. Anyhow, I highly recommend this book…just as I highly recommend not driving in New Jersey.

*Gah!!*

No comments: