Monday, February 08, 2010

Hack, Hack...wheeze....

I've had this damn cold for a month now. It is starting to bore me. It sorta migrates around my body...stuffed up nose this week; cough next week; impacted ears the following week; and then it starts over again. I just can't seem to kick it. I mean, I don't feel all that bad other than the fact I'm blowing my nose ever three minutes, my eyes are watering and I have this ongoing cough. Other than that, I don't feel bad at all. *sigh*

Of course, this means I can't go near my Mom who is at her new rehab facility. There are signs all over the place saying something to the effect that if you have a cold, stay the hell out. So, when I called to see how she was doing this morning, when she heard me coughing she told me to stay home today. I was happy to oblige. Of course, work is another thing entirely. We are staffed so thin that any call-out puts a heavy strain on store management. So, I go in today to pass my germs on to a cross section of the area's population. Just call me patient zero.

Isn't this fun? I said I'd post more, and this is the first of many. I've decided to post what would be journal entries (if I kept a journal) in the absence of more profound subject matter. And now I have to go pull myself together for work...

1 comment:

pepekraft said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick! Maybe this will help: Heather found a recipe for a great hot totty (toddy? tottie? totti? I can find references to them all, too much work to see which one is correct) that helped get us through our weeks of grutch..

it was, um. something like:
toss
1 T honey
3 cloves
1 stick cinnamon
into some hot water, let it steep, then add some booze (I used brandy, it was perfect, but whiskys are supposed to work also) and (very important) a lemon twist.

I think we used 2:1 water:booze, although that ratio probably changed over time :)