Saturday, March 31, 2007

This is all sooo cool!

Yesterday I was excited because my third Logitech Music system (the link goes to a review site...much better than I could do and well worth a look if you are interested in streaming sound from your computer to other areas of your house)receiver arrived. As I noted, I hooked it up and things were rosy. I was wrong...they were better!

I spent the evening down in the workshop picking up on a couple projects I have been neglecting. I had the music streaming. The sound was awesome! So much cleaner than the old boombox I had for company before. In fact, that workshop is becoming close to Heaven. Think about it. Here I am in a room filled with tools and great music; wtf more could I really want? (I was joking about 30 concubines earlier, but, as I noted, my darling wife would, in her own quiet way, object to that arrangement--my life would become both painful and exceedingly short--and, besides, one can't really give proper attention to one's tools if there are a bunch of females hanging around...*grin*) No, what I have discovered that I really need is to build a glass-walled cubicle where I can install a reasonably powerful workstation with a 20-inch(or bigger) flatscreen monitor. The cubicle part is to keep the sawdust from the workshop part of the basement away from the delicate innards of the 'puter. That would make this machine in the office , the one I'm working on now, and its brother over in the corner could become my network servers/workhorses, while my workshop workstation could be where I play and do fun things like run CAD programs to design and build my home projects. I shiver just to think about the prospect.

The other thing I need, and something that has a much higher degree of probability, is a set of outdoor, weatherproof speakers. But what I want are a really powerful pair of honkers...something that, when I crank 'em up, neighbors two or three doors down get nice crisp clear sound...*snicker*. I wanna be able to hear 'em when I'm in the pool...under water.

To recap, I only need three things to make immediate life pretty perfect (except for the continuing need to work...but I'll address that injustice later...): 1)a big honking set of outdoor speakers, 2)a big honking workstation in the basement and 3)a Subaru Outback (I know...I just threw that in with no prior prep, but it is on the list.)

And look at this...two posts in a row...I'm on a roll!

Addendum: There is a small raincloud in paradise. No, nothing at all wrong with the system as is. The problem is that I have things to do this morning, and I find that I am reluctant to leave. This is all just too perfect. *sigh* Oh, and I'm going to have to increase my quarterly donation to Radio Paradise. If I listen to Bill's station virtually 24/7, I'm gonna have to pony up a bit more to cover my contribution to keeping the music flowing...and Fuck You, RIAA. (I had to add that: I can't say anything about the economics of the music industry without telling the RIAA to go fuck themselves...) OK, now I really have to get the hell out and going...damn!