Friday, March 30, 2007

It Came!!

I am so pumped. My latest Logitech Music sytem receiver (bundled in an iPod connection package) has arrived. There are times that the way we do business astounds me. The Logitech Music System is a Blue Tooth wireless delivery system. You hook up the receivers to things like stereos and powered multi-media speakers and you hook up the transmitter to your PC (range for that transmitter is 330 feet) or plug in to your iPod/mp3 player (range about 30 feet). But, wait....don't you load your iPod from your computer?? If you have all the songs on your computer, the only time I could see you needing this transmitter would be if you took a set of powered speakers someplace where your computer wasn't. However, that's not what amazes me.

What amazes me is that the receiver part of this system can be bought from Logitech and various retailers for about $75US. The whole PC music system now costs something like $150US: that's for one transmitter, one receiver and one remote control device(which is next to useless...) and some ancillary components. However, if one was lucky, one saw this on Woot! where one purchased it for less that $50US(including shipping). Then, if one looked around, one noticed that the iPod package was being sold for about 1/2 of what just the receiver alone cost. What was that? So, I've purchased two of these packages, stuffed the transmitter thingies in a drawer, and hooked the receivers up to 1)the bookcase stereo in my office and 2) powered speakers on the patio and in the basement. I've got to port the receiver between these two, but I won't be listening to music in the basement when I'm in the backyard and visa-versa. The upshot of all this is that I now have streaming Internet based music in four areas of the house.

I am ecstatic!! This is so cool! I have come a giant step closer to having my life with a permanent soundtrack running in the background. Now all I have to do is ditch the job at Barnes & Noble for self-employment again, and life will be perfect. Well, maybe not perfect...there might be something else that would need to be added...but I'll leave that to your fertile imaginations...*snicker*

No comments: