Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh yeah, speaking of cars...

The price of gas at the local independent gas station (used to be a Getty, still has the Getty sign, isn't a Getty, though) is posted at $2.079 per gallon for regular. Now, I have been privately predicting that the price of a gallon of regular gasoline will be under $2.00 by Thanksgiving. I think the prices are right on to hit that target. I also think that, although we American's have reduced the amount of gasoline we are currently using, that reduction does not amount to a 50% cut. The price of a gallon of regular is now more than 50% less than the highest price I paid last summer (a Mobil station up in Mayfield, NY: $4.259/gallon). What this tells me is that the prices we were paying last summer were the product of speculators getting rich at our expense. I think it is time we did something about those people. They are wolves preying upon the rest of us, and they need to be stopped.

No comments: