Sunday, February 24, 2008

It goes on...

It is now over a week, and there is still water in Mom's basement. This house is beginning to wear on me! Now, as of Wednesday, I had the water down to about 3/4 of an inch, but I was working on Thursday during the day, so I couldn't get up there. And then Thursday night/Friday morning in finally snowed here in Central New Jersey. So, I spent Friday using my new snowblower which I was gifted with for Christmas. (It works great...I cleared out the driveway and walks in about 1/2 the time it usually takes me to shovel...and with far fewer complaints from back and arms...). Then I got to help a small person build a snowman which made the winter whole. However, the one thing I didn't do Friday was go check on the water in the basement.

So, Saturday (yesterday) I go up and find that there is now about 4 inches of water down there. Not only that, but the hoses attached to the pumps were frozen solid. After another trip back home for one of our hoses, I got it going again. On the way home from dinner at Tom and Georgina's we detoured so I could turn the pump off. I was gratified to find there was only about 3/4 of an inch of water down there. But, I'm not going to get up there again until Tuesday AM, which means, I'm afraid, that there will be another 3-4 inches of water down there as all the snow begins to melt. I am truly getting tired of this.

No comments: