Friday, August 17, 2007

Just come out and tell me you want me to contribute...

Got this "survey" from the DNC the other day. While it purports to be a "Grassroots Survey of Democratic Leaders", what it really wants is my money. And, if I had any laying around, I'd be more than happy to give it to them since (as you might be able to tell from some preceding posts) I have nothing good to say about either the current incumbent President or the rest of his party. However, this stealth approach to my wallet does annoy me.

What also annoys me is that the questions on the survey are so constructed as to almost demand certain answers. For example, take question 7:

Do you support new tax cuts targeted at working families?
Response 1: Yes, with our econmy struggling, working families need a tax break. Response 2: No, additional tax cuts at this time will only worsen the federal deficit.

See? It is obvious what answer they want (and expect) respondents to supply. The whole thing is constructed the same way. And that annoys me as much, if not more, than the fact that the whole thing is actually a request for donations. (Suggested minimum being $35: inflation rears its ugly head.)

Ah, screw it...the whole thing landed in the circular file...They'll start getting money from me next month...but it won't be at the level they think they want...On the other hand, it will be regular and monthly from October through the national elections next year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out Ron Paul Old Fox.

He tends toward the conservatism that you say you have a touch of, and doesn't stand for the 'big fool' in the white house's approach to government either.

He does happen to be a republican, but cut from a more classic, moral cloth than the variety common today.

Good luck to you (btw agree - big muddy by shinell is awesome)