Friday, April 13, 2007

I am such a consumer....

So, yesterday I checked my Yahoo email and there was the daily flyer from Buy.com, and the very first item was a Weber gas grill. And not just any Weber gas grill, but a Genesis Gold Natural Gas grill. Now, you have to understand that Home Depot (aka: The Toy Store) wanted to charge me $50 bucks extra to have it burn natural gas and then they were gonna toss in a shipping charge. The nice folks at Buy.com sold me the grill for the same amount that The Toy Store would sell me a propane grill, and they didn't charge me any shipping. In addition, because I utilized the Google Pay option, I got another $10 off. This is a win-win situation for me. So, I will be getting this really cool gas grill in about a week, and my lovely wife will take the summer off from cooking...

But that's not the all of this story. Today, when I got home from slaving in the book stacks of Barnes & Noble, I checked Woot.com to see what their deal of the day was, and there, staring me in the face, was a Sansa 1gig MP3 player...for $34.95 shipping included. One gig...MP3 player...expandable to 3gig with a 2 gig SD card. And those cards are on sale all the time either at Woot or Buy.com or one of the other discount sites. Right now I am using a Sony Walkman which plays MP3 discs...but I can only burn 150 songs on a CD-ROM. Just the native 1gig of memory on the Sansa player gives me almost 100 more songs. I bit with alacrity.

So, in a couple of days, I'll be getting a new gas grill and a new MP3 player. And tomorrow I'm going to go automobile shopping. I want a Subaru Outback. I'm going to get a Subaru Outback. The only undecided points are where and when. Tomorrow is the first major step in that direction.

Now all I need to do is ditch this loser job and move on to something more suited to my talents and temperment. I know that, while I could be a CEO type, I would/will most likely function best as some entrepreneur's COO. I do the detail, day to day operations while the CEO goes out and develops new business.

Oh yes, and I found an ottoman in my mother's attic. Granted it needs to be re-upholstered, but it will round out my office. I have streaming music to my bookcase stereo in here: I have streaming music to my powered speakers on the patio and in my basement workshop: I have streaming audio to the living room. I have DVR in both my living room and my office. Life is getting really, really good!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To comment on your 'heaven' idea, let me just say that you'd also need a pretty sophisticated ventilation system in that glass office of yours. We have a computer down in our scene shop that was blocked off, but not sealed to the extent that they needed a ventilation system. That poor machine is not doing very well. More dust and sawdust in it than I've seen a long time.