Friday, July 14, 2006

So, here I am...

Now, for somebody who has spent most of his computing life tied to a desktop machine, this is, without a doubt, pretty cool. I am finally the sole user of a reasonable laptop. Well, ok, so it is about 5 years old and at least two generations removed from the great big honking Dell sitting upstairs on my wife's desk, the good news is that it is strong enough to do this while streaming music to the patio. That last is so cool I can hardly contain myself. No longer am I consrained by power cords and other such antediluvian accouterments. Well, that's not entirely true...this thing only has a two hour battery, so, if I want to play outside longer than that, I have to have some connection to a wall outlet. And the speakers do need that luxury also (ok, I do have a battery powered set of speakers, but these have much better sound...). All that being said, it is still so cool to have streaming music available on the patio.

Now all I have to do is get used to this laptop keyboard so I stop making about one typo per 10 strokes and things will be even better. (Of course, most of the typos could be due to the large amount of alcohol I have consumed tonight and have little or nothing to do with the layout and size of the keyboard. *sigh*

No comments: