Tuesday, September 02, 2008

It is done

The sword thrust was sure and true...the beast is dead. Yep, I have sent my copy of Vista into oblivion. In the words of Monty Python, "It is an expired Vista..." I am currently reformatting the prior Vista partition to ext3 (which is what Linux prefers), and I will be whiz banging around to expand my primary partition to about 140gig and my swap partion to 20 gig. My next bit of legerdemain will be to install Damn Small Linux on my old 233mhz P-2 box and get rid of Windows98. By the time I finish, I will have two boxes running XP...my desktop and my wife's laptop. I don't expect her to ever ween from Windows. However, my goal is to be all Linux except for her laptop within two years or so.

So, now I go back to tweaking Linux until it does all the nice things I know it can do without it giving me any surprises. Vista is dead, long live King Linux...

No comments: