Saturday, March 04, 2006

Another Bad Idea.

OK, it's not a horrible idea [Yahoo Small Business Web Hosting], but...damn it, if they want me to advertise for them, how about knocking off a couple bucks a month of the hosting fee? The original announcement, which I got via their monthly e-mail letter, made it sound like they were doing me a huge favor by providing me a badge to put on my website announcing it was hosted by Yahoo!. Well, Doh!!, what makes them think that adding such a badge will make the rest of the world swoon with envy?

Although I don't usually comment to Yahoo! even though I do have a prototype business website, email and a YahooGroups site, this time I did. Namely, I made the same suggestion to them that I made above: cut me a break on my monthly hosting cost, and I'll carry your advertising. Until and/or unless that happens, though, there is not a chance I'll sport their logo on my site. (It's like putting brand-name logos in large print on your cloths. Why on earth do people feel the need to advertise for their clothing manufacturer? Personally, I like to buy well made clothes that look good on me, and I let that make the impression. I don't need to scream that I wear DKNY or some such crap.)

*sigh* I know...I'm an old fart who should shaddup, put on his polyester slacks with the white socks and white shoes and let the young and hip get on with life...)

No comments: