Saturday, November 19, 2005

Fire it up....

This blog has been inactive for the past year. I'm pretty sure that virtually nobody has its URL, and, therefore, am reasonably confident that my children won't stumble across this. So, I think it is time to resurrect this blog and let Marking(s) of Zorro lie fallow for a bit. Actually, I think that bloggers should reinvent themselves every so often. (Except that I'm not going to come up with a new online personna: I will stay "the old fox" as a way to connect back to the very first screen name I had online.

Yep, I've been around for a really, really long time as far as cyberspace goes. My first taste of being connected to "others" was almost 16 years ago. I joined Compuserve and stumbled across The Point. This was one of the precursors to what we now know as chatrooms and forums. While it didn't have the immediacy of the realtime chatroom, it was more than just a forum. Anyhow, one of the moderators of the Point went by the screen name of "Fox". As a goof, I adopted the Spanish variant, and we all got along famously. Well, after a while Compuserve and I parted way, and I moved over to Delphi (in part because of they were dabbling with the Delphi Pool) where I stumbled across a forum group called Our Lost Tribe (OLT). When I joined OLT, I stayed with the Zorro handle, but added the Viejo part just to distance myself from the cinematic Zorro. Through the ensuing years I have maintained my elzorroviejo personna, and I don't intend to let it go now. The interesting thing is that a Google search on "elzorroviejo" finds me in a lot of different places...except here. This doesn't show up...at least not yet.

So, I'm going to reactivate this Blog and see if it doesn't unblock me a little. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[...] am reasonably confident that my children won't stumble across this. [...]

Does that mean I shouldn't mention this to a certain low flowering bush?